Recapping EFI Connect
Takeaways from EFI's user conference.
March 10, 2020
Editor-in-Chief Adrienne Palmer traveled to Las Vegas for EFI Connect. She gleaned these quotes from the user conference:
- “Adaptability is the key to a successful business,” said Jeff Jacobson, EFI’s new CEO.
- “The digital print story is going to end with single-pass technology,” said Ken Hanulec, VP of worldwide corporate marketing, EFI.
- “What are printers the worst at? Marketing. They know how to produce the materials, but not market themselves. Their site shows a new printer or the outside of their building,” said Nick Benkovich, strategic account manager, EFI.
- The change drivers in digital textile printing: Sustainability, big data management and artificial intelligence, and technical textiles for any application, according to Adele Genoni, VP and general manager, EFI Reggiani. She said the benefits of direct-to-fabric printing are short process for fast turnaround time; improved sustainability; superior penetration; good resistance and wash fastness; and excellent print quality.
- “The tradeshow business changes rapidly and our customers are always looking for better ways to share their products . … The challenge is how do we turn a product in the three hours before a show starts?” asked Pam Richards, owner, Color Gamut Digital Imaging and Big Picture Women in Print Award winner. The shop outputs 20,000 square feet of material a day with a typical turnaround of 48 hours. She said their machines have to be the least of their problems.
View more from this Big Picture issue