Since the first vehicle was completely covered in decal material, buyers have wanted more – more color, more resolution, more finishes, more textures, and just more options. The industry has listened, and today, there are a record number of options for a vehicle wrap. These options include many cool materials like leather, alligator skin, super gloss, super matte, and even tinted chrome.
“You – yes you – are Time’s person of the year.” In December 2006, this headline made history. Time editors decided that their annual awardee was not a lofty politician or grimy go-getter, but its readers themselves.
The choice stuck, generating a whirlwind of controversy. Yet, even now, I remember that choice not as a terrible cop-out, as critics claimed, but a bold, brilliant move.
Digital printing has mingled with countless industry fields at an ever-growing rate, and shows no signs of slowing down. Business owners understand that it’s not only survival depending on adaptability – expansion is just as critical. Growth in today’s market requires staying up-to-date with emerging technology, and incorporating it into the everyday business plan. Even the realm of carpentry is expanding its market with the help of digital print.
Flexcon has expanded its ShimmerCal product line with the introduction of ShimmerCal Mixed Disco, a glitter film. Designed for sticker and decal, retail, P-O-P displays, and event graphic applications, ShimmerCal V 240 Mixed Disco is a 2.4-mil rigid clear vinyl with a permanent pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive filled with metallic flakes. The film is backed with a 90-lb. moisture-stable polycoated layflat release liner, is thermally diecuttable, and is compatible with solvent and UV inks.
Xara has added Xara Designer Pro X10, an all-in-one creative software that provides tools for a range of graphic design tasks that would normally require three or more separate programs: illustration, photo editing, web graphics, advanced page layout (desktop publishing & PDF), websites and more, according to Xara.
• A new publishing technique called Supersites, providing instant navigation between print documents and websites;
Agfa Graphics has added Duratex EcoDisplay Board, made from wood, water, and starch, 30 percent of which comes from post-industrial waste.
The rigid media fits into standard paper recycling programs so you don't have to adjust your current recycling workflow, according to Agfa.
Designed for P-O-P, retail displays, short-term outdoor signage, and more. Compatible with UV, offset, and screen printing.
1. California│Stratasys (www.stratasys.com), a company specializing in 3D printing, teamed with the Stan Winston School of Character Arts, Legacy Effects, Condé Nast Entertainment, and Wired to create a 14-foot tall creature for Comic-Con International 2014 in San Diego. More than one third of the giant creature was 3D printed, including the chest armor, shoulders, arms, and fingers, with parts as large as 36 x 24 x 36 inches.
One of the most important, but challenging aspects of business is the management of your customers. We can all agree that your customers are indeed the lifeblood of your business, but sometimes we mismanage our customers to the point that they become very challenging to our businesses and, at worst, end up costing us money instead of earning us money.
In an effort to expand its customer base, EFI has acquired DirectSmile GmbH, a provider of software for cross media marketing automation. EFI will incorporate DirectSmile technology into its web-to-print and e-commerce offerings.
Based in Berlin, DirectSmile creates media personalization and automation software, streamlining marketing and production tasks for corporations, agencies, and printing companies.
Onyx Graphics has introduced Onyx 11.1 software, an upgrade from Onyx 11.0 that adds six new features:
• An expanded color gamut and new multi-channel ink restriction swatches;
• Automation enhancements including unit sizing and disproportionate scaling in Job Properties, as well as mirror and print reflection control;
• A new cut path previewing feature in Job Editor, RIP-Queue, and Job Properties modules combined with a cut-only workflow. This new workflow is designed for users primarily handling cut vinyl;