More than 100 sources of rollfed paper, film, vinyl, plastics, and self-adhesive media.
TechNova Imaging Systems
NovaJet papers and films for aqueous inks; NovaSign vinyl and banner media for solvent, eco-solvent, and UV printers.
DuraView films for solvent inks; JetView polyester and polycarbonate for UV inks; and more.
3M Commercial Graphics
Wide-format inkjet lines include 3M Wall Decorating Film, Controltac, Scotchcal, Scotchprint, and Scotchlite banner; self-adhesive, film, reflective, and perforated media for aqueous, solvent, UV, latex, and electrostatic printing. Its 3M Envision Print Wrap Film 480Cv3 high-performance, non-PVC graphic films are compatible with latex, UV, and some solvent inks.
Top Value Fabrics
Frontlit, blockout, mesh, and polypropylene banner media; direct-print textiles; and more.
Transvy and Trans-Block vinyl films; a variety of synthetic papers, including Teslin and Pro-Print (with a biodegradable option); clings and pressure-sensitive films; polyesters; and more.
Vivitex fabrics for sign and banner applications.
Frontlit flexible PVC banner for UV, latex, and solvent inks; backlit PVC banner for UV, latex, solvent, and eco-solvent inks; mesh PVC for solvent, eco-solvent, and UV inks; blockout banner; and more. Its IllumiSol BL Film is a multi-platform, 8.5-mil PET film coated on one-side for eco-solvent, solvent, and UV printing, and is specifically designed to produce vivid backlit graphics, the company reports.
Solutions-branded vinyl, banner, and film for solvent, mild-solvent, and UV-curable inks.
US Banner Corp.
Crown, Coral, Pearl, and Pearl Prints vinyl for solvent inks; also, BigFoot Banner rolls.
Topaz banner and paper for aqueous and eco-solvent inks; plus additional banner media.
Grand-Flex coated backlit media; Ad-Flex; Freedom Media (matte, gloss, opaque, and more) compatible with solvent inks. Also: Rio Mesh, Gloss, Matte, and more; its Rio 9-oz. Mesh Supreme with Liner can be used for printing on one side and is intended for indoor and outdoor displays for long-term use (also available without the liner).
Perception wide-format media including canvas and fabrics for aqueous, eco-solvent, solvent, UV, and latex inks.
Blockout banner for UV and solvent inks, window and wall film, and more.
Making a Media Choice
A few questions to ask when it comes to choosing media:
• Where will the graphics be installed: indoors, outdoors, under bright lights, etc.?
• Does an application have special considerations: one-way-vision requirements, needs to conform to any vehicle regulations, wind is a factor, etc.?
• How long is the printed graphic expected to last?
• Will the graphic need post-output finishing: laminating, mounting, sewing/welding, grommeting, hanging?
• Are ICC color profiles available for the media/ink/printer combination?
• How consistent is the media from one batch to the next: surface texture, brightness, etc.?
• What’s the cost per square foot?
• Can this media be used on all your printers, or just select ones?
• Does the media manufacturer offer a warranty? What does it cover?
• Does the media supplier offer samples for test prints?
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.