From workflow and wide format, to finishing and fulfillment.
The new PrinterSite Fulfillment solution integrates into the company’s Hagen, Logic, and PSI print-management systems. The integration with EFI’s management systems enable both clients and staff to accurately track quantities and order status in real-time
EFI also reported that it now supports Pantone’s new Goe System across its product line.
Quark (www.quark.com) announced that its Quark Print Collection now supports QuarkXPress 7 as well as Adobe Acrobat 8. A comprehensive and standalone set of prepress and imposition tools, the Quark Print Collection offers output providers and publishers advanced features that enable the quick, simple, and accurate imposition of native QuarkXPress layouts or PDF files.
Quark Print Collection features include: Quark Imposer for QuarkXPress and Adobe Acrobat, which offers users choices for file, application, sheet, imposition, and binding types (it also provides for automatic pagination, preview options, and tiling); Quark Markit for QuarkXPress 7, which allows for custom registration styles, press-mark, control, and job information; and Quark Item Marks for Quark-XPress 7, which enables registration and crop marks, placement control, automatic guides, and layer control. Price: $299.
Meanwhile, elsewhere on the show floor:
* Xaar (www.xaar.co.uk) showcased its Xaar 1001 variable-drop printhead. Designed for high-speed, single-pass applications, the 1001 is based on the company’s Hybrid Side-Shooter platform with TF technology. Features include high precision, a choice of selectable or variable-drop sizes, self priming and self cleaning, and high repeatability, reports Xaar.
* Global Graphics (www.globalgraphics.com) introduced its Harlequin+ Server RIP. The new RIP can process PDF and PostScript files natively, and also natively process files in the new XPS print format (XML Paper Specification) available with Windows Vista. The RIP also introduces support for PDF 1.7, the soon to be published PDF/X-4 specification, JDF 1.3, and HD Photo/JPEG XR format, a new file format for continuous-tone still images. In addition, Global Graphics has published an updated version of its "XPS FAQ," which discusses XPS adoption in the graphic-arts market and its initial impact; the FAQ is available on the company’s website.
* HumanEyes Technologies (www.humaneyes.com) announced that it has certified the Fujifilm Acuity HD 2504 flatbed UV printer for the production of lenticular and LensFree prints using HumanEyes’ lenticular software solution.
* GBC (www.gbc.com) introduced its 6028os and 730os single-sided laminators. The 6028os is designed to finish packaging, book covers, dust jackets, etc., on sheet sizes up to 20 x 28 in. (w x l); it runs OPP, PET and nylon films on rolls up to 6000 ft in length and feature a maximum speed of 65 ft/min. The 730os, designed for packaging, book covers and other single-sided applications up to 20 x 40 in. (w x l), can hit a speed of up to 50 ft/min, and can run high-speed thermal OPP, PET, and nylon films on rolls up to 6000 ft.
* EskoArtwork (www.eskoartwork.com), the company formed when Esko merged with Artwork Systems earlier this year, showcased updates to four of its workflow solutions: Nexus 8.6, for the commercial, label, and packaging environments; Odystar 3.0, a native PDF 1.7 workflow that provides a wide range of automatic prepress production tools; Neo 1.2, a PDF 1.6 viewer and editor for reworking text and object content in PDFs; and WebWay 5.0, designed to provide secure Internet-based communication between print buyer and print producer.
* Prepress Training Solution (www.prepresstraining.com) added an Adobe Illustrator CS3 online training course to its interactive library of tutorials. The new course provides users with information on utilizing Illustrator CS3 in a prepress and graphics workflow. Price: $79.
Did you enjoy this article? Click here to subscribe to the magazine.