Canon Introduces Océ Arizona 6100 Series Flatbeds
New Arizona 6160 XTS and Arizona 6170 XTS models feature extra-large vacuum tables and offer speeds up to 1668 square feet/hour.
Canon USA has launched its Océ Arizona 6100 Series, a new flatbed-printer platform comprising the 6-color Océ Arizona 6160 XTS and the 7-color Océ Arizona 6170 XTS.
Designed as a dedicated flatbed system, the new printer series features an extra-large 8 x 10-foot vacuum table with two independent printing zones, each with its own high-flow vacuum system, allowing for simultaneous printing as well as media loading/unloading. Hence, one board can be staged and ready while the other is being printed, enabling non-stop production; alternatively, the two zones can be combined into one to enable 8 x 10-foot prints. The printers can accommodate materials up to 2-in. thick.
The new flatbeds also feature:
• Approximately 27,000 piezoelectric nozzles in a seven-row printing carriage;
• Print output at speeds up to 1668 sq ft/hr;
• CMYKcm inkset on the 6160 XTS; CMYKcm + white on the 6170 XTS;
• A newly designed Automated Printhead Maintenance System for automated, hands-free printhead cleaning; and
• Océ VariaDot printing technology as well as active pixel-placement compensation to help ensure accurate, uniform print geometry over the entire flatbed.
The Arizona 6160 XTS is upgradeable to the 6170 XTS printer with the addition of one ink channel for white ink; both Arizona 6100 Series models will also support an additional ink channel for future development. A hardware/software interface allows for easy integration with third-party automation and workflow systems, Canon reports.
The new flatbeds were introduced at the recent FESPA show in Munich, Germany; the printers are scheduled to make their US debut later this year.